| Unloaded boxes |
Yesterday, we drove down and arrived at noon. Unloaded a truck full of boxes and had a look around. It occcured to us that I really haven't spent more than an hour at our new home. Had lunch with our two favorite girls. Miss Molly and her Mother.
After lunch we dropped the girls off and headed home to work. Took all of 4 minutes to drive between the two houses.
| All prepared for scrapping |
Got the master bedroom wall taped off with plastic and the carpet covered, first in a layer of thick plastic and then drop clothes. With masks and goggles, we started in on the popcorn ceilings. Dampening them first with a spay of water, and then scrapping. There's a fine line between just the right amount of water and too much. It actually came off a little easier than we thought. Though it is very tiring work. I only lasted an hour.
After my shower I drove the truck over to Alissa's and played with Molly. The whole purpose of the move. Alissa went to pick him up and grab dinner a few hours later. Mexican Express, for a wonderful taco salad. Then more play time with Molly. A trip to the store for a few necessaties and home.
This is now our home. San Miguel is now the "house in Walnut Creek". Must get used to that. As I sit here in the family room. I can see our back neighbors up stair windows over the fence. The lack of privacy is going to take a little getting used to. Realized last night that all our windows are on ground level. No more leaving the bedroom window open for cool air while we're gone. Anyone from the street could walk right up to it. Not liking that so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment