Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Friday, August 17, 2012

We're Here for Good!

Pack
Pack
Pack
Pack
Load truck, load truck
Load truck, load truck
Load truck, load truck



DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE


Unload truck, Unload Truck
Unload truck, Unload Truck
Unload truck, Unload Truck

Well that pretty much sums it up.  Seems like we sold or got rid of so much stuff, but apparently now nearly enough.

We were able to say good bye to friends at various times over the past week.  Can't thank my dearest friend Selma for throwing me a going away party with all my quilting friends.  And thank you all for coming out  when you had the guild meeting to go to the next night.  My daughter did a great job of getting me there without me knowing until we were approaching Sharon's clubhouse!

I appreciate those of you who took the time to stop by the house to say good bye.  There just wasn't enough time to make the rounds.  Had a great evening with Marianne and Paul.  And it was nice that a few of Alissa's friends came by to say goodbye too.  They are my extended children.

Found ants in my kitchen shortly after I got here.  I HATE ANTS!  There's just so many of them!

We'll never be able to thank Nick and Alissa enough for all their help.  Especially Nick.  He was bound and determined to get the truck empty before he left tonight.  Didn't want Bruce and I to have finish up alone. (He's back to work tomorrow).  Feel bad that they didn't get out of here until after 9PM.  I'm hoping he has a pretty quiet day tomorrow.  No fires please in Oxnard!

At least I got our bed made up with clean sheets and we've both had a shower.  I'm sure we'll sleep well tonight.  There's a lot more to tell.  But bed is calling.


No comments: