Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Part's Finished

Tuesday 28th
Shorten Pipes in Garage
Put in Dryer Vent
1 and 1/2 Window Sills removed
Babysit Molly
Purchased Furniture

Wednesday 29th
New Garage Door Installed
2 1/2 Window Sills removed
Finished Garage plumbing
Sheet Rocked Garage wall
Dinner out with the Strouse's

Bruce was able to get the pipes in the garage lowered to the normal height, replaced the faucets so they don't leak and get all the plumbing inside the wall.  He even got sheet rock up and a coat of mud on it so we can get it primed.  Then I can do laundry again. :)

I managed to finish removing all the sheet rock window sills except for the kitchen window.  Bruce will do that since it means working over the sink.  Closer and closer to new windows.  It's the little things in life that make you happy.
 
Had a wonderful time watching Molly yesterday.  She has a cold and was a bit cranky, but we managed just fine.  Gave her parents some much needed alone time to go run errands and see a movie.  Whenever she's upset, sitting outside and singing to her seems to just calm her right down.  Enjoying these moments while I can.  Before you know it she'll be off and running and not interested in cuddling.
 
Last night we purchased a love seat, chair and ottoman.  Hoping I like the chair/ottoman instead of a recliner.  Think I will.  Wish we had the room for a full size couch, but at least we can have people over and give them a decent place to sit.
The garage door got installed today.  Bruce says it's not as heavy to open manually as the old one.  Maybe soon we can get the garage door opener installed too, so that I can open and close it!



 


No comments: