Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 3

BK Breakfast
Lowes for Lawn Mower
Mowed Lawn
Repaired sprinkler head
Pulled weeds
Put up Hall Light
Set up Patio Furniture
ALMOST finished Kitchen

I was this "  " close to having all the kitchen items put away.  But then I discovered one more box.   My two dutch ovens, which I had saved a spot for and some more Tupperware type dishes, which I didn't save a spot for because I totally forgot about them.
Had to take a picture of my one little corner.  I love my green Kitchenaide mixer.  Oranges fresh from Alissa & Nick's tree and the Fiesta salt and pepper shakers they gave me last year for my birthday as a "starter" on my new dishes.  Looking at all the yellow and green and what they mean to me, just makes me smile.  My Mama bought me my first (avocado) green mixer as a wedding present 41 years ago.  But I had to replace it with with one; still reminds me of Mama though.
Bruce never thought he'd ever have to mow a lawn again, but here we are.  Front and back.  Think when we redo both yards, there will be less lawn.  He's so sweet; apologized before he mows and shuts all the windows.  I'm terribly allergic to fresh cut grass, that's why we've lived in a field of dirt all these years.

The patio is all set up and we're going to BBQ chicken and corn on the cob tonight.  Want left over chicken for lunches and on salads.  Going to try a technique Selma told me about for microwaving corn.  Though I'm going to try in on the BBQ and see what happens.  You cut off the stem end up to the first row of kernels and after it's microwaved you pinch the silk end and the cob comes out free of silk.  Lets hope it works on the BBQ.


I was told that what ever fruit hangs over into your yard from your neighbor's is yours.  Yea, we're going to have a lot of home made guacamole!  Even have a Fiesta ware chip and dip set that our realtor, Marsha, gave us for a house warming present.

The Wednesday before we left WC we were out driving and came across 4 deer and a mama turkey and two babies.  It was like they were saying goodbye to me.  Today we had an itty bitty salamander on the patio and a beautiful butterfly fluttering about.  New wildlife to enjoy! 

No comments: