Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Great Day

Sunday
Torn our old work bench
Got garage shelving turned
Cleaned and waxed hardwood floors
Played with Molly

Bruce worked on the garage today.  Had to get the shelving turned for the installation of the garage door....hopefully sometime this week.  He took out a very old work bench.  He said it was disgusting.  Found an old pipe and tobacco case behind it along with all sorts of things that had fall and never retrieved.
 
I scrubbed the dining area hardwood floors.  Used my late mother-in-laws electric floor buffer with the brush attachments.  That didn't get all of the gunk up so had to use a scratchy pad.   Then mopped up all the wet dirt.  Then put a coat of liquid wax on it.  The floor is very rough so the Swiffer batting kept catching on the rough edges.  Think it needs another coat.

Molly came over around 3 to give her Mom a break to get things done.   Though her fever is gone, she still isn't feeling quite herself.  The only thing that made her happy was sitting outside with me singing to her.   I have a terrible voice, but I thing it was comforting to her.  We stayed out there for over an hour. 

Alissa came over and we fed Molly and then all had a nice dinner here.   The first in our dining room.  It was very nice. 
From the pictures, it doesn't seem like Molly was having a bad day at all.  After dinner she crawled all over the place.  Played with empty boxes and chased Kaya and Grampa around the floor.  I'm so glad I got the hardwood cleaned up.

No comments: