Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Getting Closer

Seal Coat on Drive
Re caulk Shower
Saw off top of Retaining Wall
Move Boxes to the garage
Pack MORE STUFF
Clean patio Chairs (need fine furniture after we load truck)
Baby Proof house
Trip to the dump, hazardous waste, paper shredding
Goodbye party with DVQ Quilters

Haven't posted for several days.  Been very busy, but I couldn't tell what we've been doing.  It all seems to blur together at this point.

The Shower and Drive way were done yesterday (Monday).  Yes, I know we had the drive "professionally" done.  But the crack lines really stand out.  Bruce had bought a 5 gallon bucket of sealer.  So he did the walkway behind and around the garage and most of the front parking area.  Really looks nice.  Wish we had time and 4 more buckets to do the rest of the driveway!

Kids will be here around 4 or so.  Hoping their drive went well.  I know Molly is trying hard to teethe which can make everyone miserable.  Alissa was going to try to pack a lot of frozen chewies for her.  I've vacuumed and dust mopped, so I hope the floor is clean enough for her.  I could have just waited and put a swifter sheet under her and let her do it for me. :)  Some may same our house is overly "baby proofed" by all the empty rooms. lol

So I started this on Tuesday and here it is Thursday.  The kids arrived safely after a hard long trip.  We were all to go to dinner but ended up with Alissa taking me to a fabric store and then to a surprise dinner with some of my quilt friends.  They all loved meeting Molly.

Wednesday was the loading the truck for the dump.  Getting rid of a lot of scrap wood "you never know  if you might need it".  Sounds a lot like me and my fabric. :)  Got my allergy shots for the last time up here.  Not looking forward to the testing part for southern CA pollens.  Went to dinner went dinner with my best friend of the last 40 years.  There was so much to say but I couldn't do anything but leave quickly and cry.

Poor Molly was up with her parents for an hour at 2am crying her sweet little eyes out.  As Alissa stated of FB, "teething sucks".  Hoping they'll sleep in this morning.  Though Bruce needs Nick at 8 to go pick up the moving truck.

I'll try to post again later.  Though later all that will be left in the house is camping chairs and our beds and suit cases.  We'll be off tomorrow mid morning.  After we wax the hard wood floors and make sure everything is clean.

No comments: