Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crash, Bang, Boom!

Brought both Cars Down
Load to Dump
Put Up 3 Storage shelves
Sanded, Patched, Painted Hall ceiling
Bought Gas Dryer
BBQ at Alissa and Nick's
Get house ready for move

Drove both car and truck down on Tuesday.  It was a good trip.  Bruce said it was nice to follow me because I have cruise control and he doesn't.  I will never like driving over the grapevine on Hwy 5!   We both slept well so got a little later start, but still made it down by a little after noon.

This trip as you saw on the last post was odd shaped things.  The last thing off the truck was the rototiller.  Bruce has two boards he uses to bring the beastie down off the truck.  I stand with my feet at the ends, so they don't slide off.  We were in the garage with not too much room between the end of the boards and the back wall, where we had 2 of the closet built-ins that we decided to keep leaning.  Gravity brought the rototiller and Bruce down faster than expected.  Fortunately, for me, Bruce was between me the the rototiller.  But I still couldn't get out of the way fast enough.  So there I was sandwiched between the wall and Bruce and the rototiller.  The shelves did not survive.  I ended up with big knots on my elbow and knee and Bruce banged up his foot.

I'll know we're close to done when there is no longer a trash can in the kitchen/dining area!
That won't happen for a long time.

Today, Thursday, we got the guest bed moved out of the master bedroom into the guest room, so we're ready for our bed.  Yes, we have a guest bed.  PLEASE don't wait until the house is finished to come for a visit.  We will need breaks and I can't think of anything better than to have friends come visit.

Bruce has really gotten the garage looking good.  Our new gas dryer arrives the Tuesday after we're in for good.  I'll need to get some laundry done!  This whole laundry in the garage is going to take some getting used to.  To me saw dust and clean clothes just don't go together.  Alissa says it's not that bad.  Where the bike is, is where my washer and dryer will go.


There was a "Charlie Brown" lemon tree in the backyard when we bought the house.  You can see from the picture that there's just one long branch going up to the left with a single lemon at the very end.  Last time we were down, I cut off all the lemons, most were rotten anyway; cut the tall branches off and made a little bush shaped tree out of it.  Bruce said I probably killed it.  But when we came down it has green on it.  Whether we'll ever get lemons on it is another story.  At least I didn't kill it....completely.

 LEFT: Before, see the little yellow dot in our neighbor's tree above their shed? That's actually a lemon from our tree.

Think we'll be staining the fence the same color as we used in Orinda.  The yard needs a lot of work too.  One of our biggest chore is to figure out what to do first.  I go for the pretty stuff and Bruce goes with the practical stuff, which should be done first.  Like the leaky roof before winter.  I'd love to get windows in as soon as we can.  It would be so nice to open windows where ever we want.  Ah, the little things we take for granted.







No comments: