Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Kitchen Remodel Day 7, 8 & 9, Sunday/Monday/Tuesday

Sunday, January 10th

Emptied the rest of the kitchen cabinets and drawers.  Set up our make-shift kitchen on my cutting table in the sewing room.  

Got the sink out and opened the sheet rock behind it.  YUK.  I am so looking forward to knowing all the plumbing is new and done right.


I worked on taking all the medal runners off the drawers and cabinet pull-outs.  Then knocking the crap out of them till they came apart.  Felt so good.  We thought we were going to need a dumpster, but with everything getting broken down, should only take 3 truck fulls to the dump.

The kids came over after lunch and to help take down the cabinets that hung down over the peninsula.  It's amazing how it opens up the kitchen.  

Bruce reconnected the washer and dryer so I'm doing laundry tonight.  Then he can have at it with the plumbing.  

Monday, January 11th

We loaded up the truck with all the debris from the cabinets. Saving out the metal runners and pipes for the metal recyclers.  

I worked on the flooring again.  Found using the multitool with the scrapper blade works well. Just have to let it rest every so often so it doesn't over heat.

After lunch I started having chills and discovered I had a 101.2 fever.  Went to bed while Bruce worked on plumbing.

Tuesday, January 12th.

Still running a fever.  Really bums me out I'm missing out on more of the demo.  Want to get back to chiseling out the flooring. 

Nick came over and they got the rest of the upper cabinets down and the lowers out.  Pulled out Chamber's cook top.  It's a classic, but not in any condition to resell.  Have no clue what the brown areas on the wall are.  I know the previous owners were heavy smokers, but the cabinets were there.  Unless the the original kitchen just had shelves.  Who knows.

Bruce took apart the remaining cabinets and filled another truck load for the dump.  It's amazing how large the kitchen looks with nothing in it.  Hoping the cabinets and layout we've chosen will still make it look big.
 
Below is a picture showing two of the last flooring.  There's a third under the red.  It's the hardest to remove because of the adhesive they used to glue it to the cement slab.






No comments: