Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Friday, January 15, 2016

Kitchen Remodel - Day 10, 11, 12 - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 15th

Had to go back and rewrite a few sentences on the last post.  I'm going to chalk my poor grammar to running a fever while I was writing.

Wednesday, January 13th


Went to the doctor.  Have a sinus infection.   Explains the fever but not the cough.  Now that I'm using the nasal spray my sinus have opened flood gates.  Rather have the fever and sleep.

Bruce made several trips to Home Depot including a late night run out to Camarillo and still couldn't find the right plumbing parts.  Of course the website says they have them.

Thursday, January 14th

Started chiseling on the floor again.  Made it all the way around the outside.  Stopped using the multi-tool because Bruce is afraid I'll burn out the motor.  All this hammering on the cement is not helping my headache.

We made another run to Home Depot.  This time to get 3 sheets of drywall.   Nick has a class tomorrow but is available on Sat and Sun to help get the Hot Water Heater out of the corner.

Friday, January 15th


Jog inn Wall
The plumbing in the garage is still giving him nightmares.  Adding that second filter just for the kitchen is the cause for all the trouble.  He had gotten some pipes in and realized they were going to be outside sheet rock.  Turns out there's a "jog" in the garage wall right past where the kitchen starts.  The picture to the left show the "jog" in the foundation.  The area of multi studs is the corner where the front of the house starts.  The big round dryer vent pipe is on our front porch. To the right of the multi studs is the kitchen.  


He needs to have all the new pipes in and ready to hook up tomorrow after Nick helps him get the Hot Water Heater out.  Hopefully, everything will hook up OK and we can get the sheet rock up in the corner.  It needs to be painted with at least one coat of primer to be up to code.  If we can get that all done tomorrow, we'll have hot water tomorrow night. Otherwise, it's showers at the kids and hopefully fixed on Sunday.  I remember a time when I could help lift things with Bruce.  Not so much anymore.


The metal recyclers came by today.  Got rid of all the old appliances and other metal debris. Gives us more room in the garage.  Plus no dump fees.

I moved all the boxes I had packed up from the dining area to under Annabelle.  She and they are all covered in plastic.  Here's also a picture of our make shift kitchen on my cutting table.  Don't think I'll be doing much sewing the next few months.

Still whittling away at the floor.  Most of it's coming up in just 1" hunks or smaller.   Been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and there's just no easy way.  Seems we'll need to pour boiling water on the adhesive and let it loosen then scrape it off.  Not looking forward to that process.


No comments: