Yet another trip out to Home Depot. We should have stock in their company. Bought a laundry tub for the garage. It will give us a place to wash up plaster and paint rather than in the bathroom sink.
Bruce spent most of the day working on the water pipes. Mapping out how to get the pipes in the right order and past one another. When you have a whole house filter and water softener and it still doesn't make the water taste good what do you do? You add another water filter. This one is a carbon base like the Brita I use now for drinking water. Bruce is tied of it in the refrigerator and I refuse to give Molly water out of the tap or make tea with tap water. And since we'll finally be able to hook up the ice maker, I want the ice cubes to taste good too. He's got to find a route to add the new carbon filter into the cold water line after the whole house filter and softener that goes into the kitchen sink and refrigerator.
From the look of what was done in the past and other homes we've seen, people just don't think a thing about routing their water pipe around in circles to get to where they want to go. Not realizing that every turn reduces your water pressure. Not only that but taking the long way around on your hot water wastes water trying to get the hot water through all the pipes. When we do the bathroom and add the laundry room, we'll be putting in a second hot water heater for those rooms and the guest bath. Probably will take the large one from the garage and move it back there and replace the one in the garage to a smaller one that will just go to the kitchen. So looking forward to that. But that's years away unfortunately.
We had Molly from lunch time through dinner on Thursday. She is so much fun. Exhausting at times, but fun. I'm constantly amazed at her vocabulary. Wish I could remember what she said last night. But she stopped mid story and you could see her little brain working then she used a word that totally surprised me. Not just the word, but that she used it correctly. Wish my brain was still as sharp as hers. :)
Today, Friday 8th, Ronni and Jim from the Kitchen Place came out to measure the walls. Apparently, Jim has to measure and make sure that our measurements and her cabinet layout will all fit. Glad they double check everything before sending in the order. All was good.
Saturday, 9th
Started with a trip to Nick's to borrow an extra battery charger and a second for an drill extension. Ended up having to go to Lowe's for another extension and miscellaneous tools and more copper fittings.
Bruce got the hot and cold water copper pipes in from the garage to the sink. They aren't attached yet since we're still using the old sink and haven't disconnected the existing lines. If you only see one old line that's because the hot water is still connected under the slab. The cold must have leaked at one point and that's when they put it through the cabinets.

As I was vacuuming up all the drilling debris I noticed several layers of linoleum. We knew the top layer was put on when the Fanny Mae people tried to make the house look good because it was in both bathrooms too. This is several hours later; turns out there are 4 layers. The bottom one is glued to the slab. I've been chiseling it off. Very slow going. That little area of black you see filled up the 5 gallon bucket before I emptied it. The area is only 36" by 36". Have a long way to go!
Meanwhile back in the garage Bruce has changed out one gas line. All went well and he got all the pilot lights back on. Hoping now he won't be as worried about the other changes he needs to make. He also go a lot of the copper water pipes reworked. Because we're still using the kitchen, he can only get the pipes in the walls but not hooked up.
He's adding a laundry tub and a second filter. Think I told you that already. Sorry if I repeat myself. I'll try to read back; but tonight I'm too tired.
Saturday, 9th
Started with a trip to Nick's to borrow an extra battery charger and a second for an drill extension. Ended up having to go to Lowe's for another extension and miscellaneous tools and more copper fittings.
Meanwhile back in the garage Bruce has changed out one gas line. All went well and he got all the pilot lights back on. Hoping now he won't be as worried about the other changes he needs to make. He also go a lot of the copper water pipes reworked. Because we're still using the kitchen, he can only get the pipes in the walls but not hooked up.
He's adding a laundry tub and a second filter. Think I told you that already. Sorry if I repeat myself. I'll try to read back; but tonight I'm too tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment