MORE Pill bugs
Neighbor removed Hedge between us
More organizing the Garage
Estimate for Windows
Sewed pillows and Cover for ottoman

Just haven't been doing a lot. Yesterday I saw an allergist and go back for testing next week. Forgot I had to stop taking my antihistamines a week before. Not looking forward to this week without them.
Still cleaning up pills bugs. But the good news is that we got an estimate for the windows and they'll be out on Monday to do the final measurements. Hopefully the new slider will slow the little fellows down. I'm really getting tired of cleaning them up everyday. Windows will only take about 3 weeks to be delivered. Probably while I'm up north at my annual visit to PIQF. Really looking forward to that!

Our neighbor has a thick hedge along his side of the house. It's been nice to have the little bit of privacy it affords. Though he does tend to water them at 9:30 at night....about the time we're going to bed. Very strange. Anyway, he's having them removed today. I'm not sure what room his window is for. Can't convince Bruce we need to but a fence all the way down and a gate across at the front of the house. It's very weird knowing anyone can walk right up to our bedroom window and look in. Especially on these hot nights we're having.
Speaking of which, what's up with this weather down here???? I was promised cooler weather being a beach town. But I guess since we're on the east side our weather is more like Santa Paula's. But come on, 81* at 9am!!!


Got the cover made for my ottoman. Now I don't have to worry about my dirty work shoes. The pillows that came with the set were an awful limey green. So I took them apart and used the fabric that matches the love seat and what I used for the ottoman and made a new pillow. Made a small one for my back. The chair isn't as comfortable as I had hoped it would be. But it's better than my 35 year old orange recliner. ??

One of the main streets surrounding our little subdivision has Speed Humps! Much bigger than speed bumps. The quickest way to Alissa's and to the grocery store and many other places is to go out Foothill, which is the main thoroughfare behind us. I really don't like it. Oh, I like how fast it is to get places, very few lights, light traffic, etc. It's that 4 foot deep drainage ditch between the road and the lemon orchard that freaks me out. There are NO guard rails; not even little line bumps to warn you if you're too close. Not even down the middle in case you're hugging the yellow line. And there is NO shoulder to speak of. Maybe a foot at the most. Very scary...at least for me. And the speed limit along here is 50 MPH. Going to Alissa's isn't bad, cause I turn right and there's lots of shoulder. But going to the stores you pull across and make a left. And when there's traffic coming.....well, I just don't pull out. I wait. They're going way too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment