Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Master Bedroom Continued

Painting Master Bedroom
Blinds in TV Room
Miss Molly
 
 
After weeks of spackling and sanding the walls Bruce was finally able to get primer on the walls a few days ago.  Today the ceiling got painted and the insides of the closets were painted with the flat green we used in the bedroom up north.  We're using the same green but in an eggshell on the walls.  Decided we might as well use up the little bit of paint we had left over  in the closets.
 
I got the door casings sanded and painted along with the framing of the closets.  Just bought 6 closet doors this morning.  More framing boards.  We decided to work on the hall closet doors too.  Have paint on one side of one door.  All there was room for.  Like my invention in the picture?  My back got tired of bending over to sand, so I raised the boards up while sanding.  Hopefully the next batch of door casings will have been primed better.  I'm still working on the batch where they must of sprayed over dust or the sprayer was clogged.  Very rough spots that had to be sanded down.  Hard to do in those little groves and curves.
 
The bathroom door may not get replaced at this time.  There is a 1/4" gap between the casing and the tile for the shower.  A bit of crystallized mold is growing in there.  We thought it would stop after Bruce recaulked the shower, but after cleaning it out (several times) it just grows back.  Don't worry, I checked into it.  It's a harmless little mold.   Just makes a white powdery mess on the floor when you touch it.  We're afraid of what we may discover if we remove the door frame.  Since we'll probably do the bathroom right after the holidays, we may just leave well enough alone for now.  Why ruin the holidays knowing what evil lurks in the walls.
 
I had a wonderful 5 day trip up to Santa Clara for the annual quilt show.  Selma and I always have the best time together.  Got to see lots of my DVQ friends.
 
Yesterday Bruce got the blinds put up in the TV room.  Now all we need is for him to build the table that goes with those bar stools!  In his spare time, of course.  Poor guy.  Always something.  It will be nice to have breakfast by the sunny window.
Bruce broke down the left over slats from the blinds and Molly helped him play with them.  She has such fun with Grampa.  They also enjoyed an old time Donald Duck cartoon on Grampa's computer.  I'm not sure which one laughed more.
  
Grand Canyon 1963

Today is the 50th anniversary of our (my parents and brother) leaving Ohio and coming to California.  It is also Mama's birthday. As I was thinking about it, I realized what courage it took for my mother to agree to the move.  Some of you know her health history was not good.  Leaving her doctors I remember was a little scary for her.  Not to mention she left my older sister and her 3 grandchildren.  Mama was 48 at the time.   It was a new beginning for all of us.  Jack was fresh out of high school and I was a sophomore.  If Mama could start over and find new friends, so should I.   It's amazing when you think of the chain of events that change your whole life.  One of the first people I met at Campolindo (high school) was Bruce.  I had such a huge crush on him.  Still do for that matter. :)  Who knew we'd end up spending our life together.
Miss Molly's visit on Thursday






No comments: