Many Trips to Home Depot and Lowes
Watch Molly
Play with Molly
Girls over for dinner - twice


It's been 9 days and I wish I had more progress to report. Bruce finished the demo. He got a "trench" cut in the concrete slab from where the pipe comes up in the middle of the floor back to the wall that is behind the master toilet. He used his multi-tool and both masonry blades and metal blades and made just a small score line. I took a picture of a new blade next to one he used for about 4 minutes. After going through about 5 of them, he went and bought a blade for his circular saw. I held the shop vac while he cut. Still at times I couldn't see anything because of all the dust/smoke. Few good whacks with a sledge hammer broke up the middle to a point where he could chisel out the rest of it. Took several hours.

We made several trips to both Home Depot and Lowes to get all the pieces parts. The amount of money we have invested in copper pipe and couplings is astonishing. Did fine a place online where we can get it at half the cost and that includes shipping. Bruce had over bought everything so he didn't have to make a trip in the middle of having the water shut off. We'll return what we don't use. But when we go to do the kitchen and master bath, we'll order on-line.
 |
| New Tub drain line |
Took a lot of searching but found a bathtub/shower mixer and sink faucet I liked. Bruce made a trip out to Steve's plumbing (great place) and found that he can buy pieces parts that will actually let us adjust the pressure in the shower. All the new mixers will only let you go from cold to hot, but don't allow for change in pressure. So we'll end up taking back the fixture we bought. The pieces parts are a lot less money, too.

Here's the picture of the new drain pipe for the tub (left). To the right is the picture of the new single drain line for the sink plus the new copper pipes for the sink hot and cold. Bruce hasn't rerouted the pipe in the new trench yet.
In between all this, I finished another sample for a pattern I'm writing for a quilted baby book. Had the girls over for dinner a couple of times. And babysat Molly both at Alissa's and here. Those are always my favorite days. :) Nick taught Molly how to sign for "more". So when she's hungry she can tell us when she wants more. Though you have to be careful not to say the word "more", cause she'll sign. I think the next step is "hungry". She's a smart cookie. Here she's underneath our game table with Kaya. Bruce and Alissa were working on banners for her first birthday party this coming Saturday. Can't believe on the 5th she'll be a year old already. Kaya is getting better at not running off whenever Molly gets too close. It's so funny because she (Kaya) will follow Molly where ever she goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment