Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Guest Bath - Starting!

Sick
Cough, cough, cough
Lot's of Molly time
Annabelle
Almost Garage sale
Rip out Vanity-guest bath
Order new Vanity

Still sick.  Just can't seem to shake this cough.  Been on antibiotics and prednisone with no help.

We were going to have a garage sale today.  Had all the boxed stuff out and priced, but then a storm hit.  So we packed it all up and put it back in the spare bedroom along with all of Alissa and Nick's stuff too.  Another time.

I wrote everything and had to come back to insert this paragraph.  How could I forget?  We got Annabelle set up last week!  Bruce even got the wiring moved from an overhead system to one that is below the frame.  Makes for a much cleaner look.  We have all the wiring for it tied up and out of Molly's way.  Only thing I couldn't put "up" was the foot pedal for the quilt advance.  But I do have it turned off when I'm not using the machine.  Just need to get some light in this room so I can actually work. I was going to work today after I got home from Alissa's but it was already too dark in the room.

We had ordered a new vanity at Home Depot, but then got a call that it was going to be an additional $150 because they didn't order the 5piece drawer fronts.  It was on their drawing but guess not in the order.  Bruce was a bit P-O'd so he canceled the whole thing.
 
Old Guest Bath
Went to Lowe's and ordered basically the same thing.  This designer almost forgot to specify the 5 piece drawer fronts.  And again it was an additional $150, but she could tell we were not happy about it, plus we had told her it was going to be the "test" to make sure we liked the brand.  That we had another bath and a kitchen to do.  She knocked off the additional costs.  So that was nice.  It will be 4 - 6 weeks before it's delivered.
 
Bruce tore out the old vanity today.  I was over watching Molly and keeping Alissa company today.  Lots of mold,  rotten wood and termite damage.  There's pipes that come up out of the concrete slab and are just cut off.  There's one pipe that runs from the front of the vanity edge back to the wall.  We have NO idea what it was for.  Actually Bruce has the theory that maybe there had been a problem and they cut off the old pipes and then tapped into the pipe from the shower and brought it up and ran it back to the wall.  You can see it in the picture. 
 Don't know whether we're going to have to bust out more concrete or not.  He's got to chisel some of it over around the toilet to get the floor level.  It's going to be so nice to have a second toilet!  But at the rate things are going, we'll need the full 6 weeks before the vanity comes in order to get everything fixed.  The nightmare continues!

No comments: