Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Monday, January 28, 2019

December 2018

December 1-
Molly had her 7th birthday party.  Alissa out did herself, again!  She had the kids make unicorn dream catchers.  Unicorns were the theme of the party.  Wish I had pictures.  They even had a bounce house with a unicorn theme.

That evening we, the 4 grandparents went over and had Molly's favorite dinner.  (mine too!) Hamburger and tater tots.  

December 2-
Bruce is putting on the scratch coat on the fireplace in preparation of getting the tile on.  He keeps working the numbers to get the right layout for the tiles.  Been driving the poor guy crazy.

December 3-
Got two "ledger" rows of tiles on the fire place.  Need to let them set so that we can get the rest of the rows on.  Trouble is that it's been really cold this week.  Plus rain is on the way. Weather like this makes the quick set dry slowly.  


December 6-  Saw my primary doctor today.  Still trying to figure out why I have the crushing pain around my rib cage.  The CT scan I had on November 30th showed nodules in my lungs.  Dr. Wheaton today sent me for x-rays to compare to the ones I had last January and again in March.  She's requesting a dye scan of my rib cage.  It will show if the RA is affecting the cartilage in my ribs or if it's something else.  I am also scheduled to see a Pulmonologist this coming Monday.  It's just a few months short of a year that I've had this problem; the bad pain has only been since August, but I'm really tired of not knowing what is causing it and how to get rid of it.  If it's the RA, then there is no getting rid of it, but at least I'll know. 

December 7-  We got the top and bottom of the fireplace tiled this afternoon.  All the white "dots" are spacers, keeping the tile lined up correctly.  The 50 or so pieces that go on both sides all have to be cut horizontally so that they fit with the same spacing.  It's really a minute amount 27/32 of an inch off of each one.                                            

December 12 -  Went to Oxnard at 8:30 this morning to have dye injected for my CT scan at 11:45.  They didn't tell me it was radioactive dye.  They brought it in, in a lead box!  They also hadn't told me that I can't be around children or pregnant women for the next 48 hours!   The scan took an hour.  Head to toe and then extra shots of my ribs and hips.  I'm staying in the house the next few days; I would feel horrible it I accidentally hurt someone.

Hard to believe it's just 2 weeks till Christmas.  Guess I need to get out to do some shopping.   Hoping to do a little baking tomorrow.


Fire place tiling is finished!  Now we just have to figure out the pillars and mantle.  We were disappointed that they stopped making green grout.  The neutral grout is not as light in person as it is in this picture.  Going out today to Mayan to look at wood and molding for it.  




Had a lot of fun making doll clothes for Molly's American Girl Doll, Molly.  The red dress is made from one of Molly's old tops that she got paint on.  


   We also got her a mini robot for Christmas.  Bruce went with her and Alissa to some science thing at Barnes and Noble a few months ago.  She got to "play" with robots and see how they were programmed.   It was a big hit Christmas morning.

Nick was home for both Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  That hasn't happened since we've lived here.  We had the kids over for Christmas Eve dinner.  And then spent Christmas day at their house.  Always so much fun.



December 30 -  I saw the King and I in Thousand Oaks.  Nick's mother invited me to share her birthday gift of tickets.  (We actually share the same birthday).  We had lunch out and had such a nice visit.  She's going to be moving to Ventura county sometime this spring.  It will be nice to have her closer.

December 31 -  What a year; honestly I'm very glad to see it end.  As far as health goes, it's started off really awful with Bruce and I having a terrible case of the flu which I ended up passing out and in the ER for IVs for 5 hours.  February brought on my first "flare" of RA with a diagnosis that March.  April saw Bruce in the ER followed by an appendectomy!  Then came test after test to figure out my rib cage pain.  And we know what it isn't!  Not my heart, lungs, intestines.  There's no RA in the ribs or bone cancer.  So that all is good news!  Oh yea, and I turned 70!

Here's to a very Happy New Year to all my family and friends.  May 2019 bring good things for all of us!

January 28th - Just realized I didn't post December - whoops!












  

No comments: