Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Sunday, December 2, 2018

November 2018

Every month I say I'm going to do better about posting at the end of the month.  Here it is the 6th and I just posted October.   Speaking of the 6th, I hope you all got out there and voted!

Bruce finally started painting the fence in the backyard.  It's been too windy most days to spray.   We needed to get it painted so we can get trees planted this coming January.  It will be so nice to block out the neighbors behind us.  They have a 2 story house and look down on our back yard.  Plus he is a yacht  broker and likes to do business on the phone in his backyard and is VERY loud (not to mention he curses a lot).  Hoping the trees will buffer the noise too.
Here it is November 13th and Bruce hasn't been able to finish spray painting the fence due to high winds.   He's really going stir crazy without a project.  Maybe I shouldn't have put the kibosh on buying the house down at the end of the next block.  Just way too much work that had to be done.  Though it did have a pool.  It also had a telephone pole with a transformer on it above the pool.  After we had one explode near us (remember it blew our meter off the house) I didn't like having one over a pool.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the terrible fires we're having again here in CA.  It's hard to imagine that the entire town of Paradise is gone due to the Camp Fire.  And so many deaths up there.  Down here we're still dealing with the Woolsey Fire.  Most of the news seem to be about all the celebrities that have lost their homes, but there are a lot more "common" folk who have lost everything too.  

November 23rd
Happy belated Thanksgiving.  We had such a nice time at Alissa & Nick's.  Nick's parents were there and the meal was wonderful...as usual.  It was nice to have Nick home on the actual holiday.

The night before the kids got to go out for a dinner with their long time friends Kori and Cliff.  Kori, as most of you know, is my daughter from another mother; Alissa's best friend from the 2nd grade on.  Was so nice to see her.   

Bruce managed to finish the painting of the fence between winds.  It rained Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.  The Woolsey fire is contained and the rains helped clear the smoke.  So far I haven't heard of any mud slides.  Nancy, Nick's mom, was out of her house for a week in Calabasas.  She's back in now with no damages.  

We picked out tile for the fireplace.  Went back to the place were we had seen tiles I liked to check out the color again.  When we went back into the warehouse, they no longer had polished tiles, but "honed" tiles.  Bruce liked them better and I liked them too.  Plus they were on sale!  They're reducing their inventory so they gave us an extra box for free!  such a deal!  The green goes with the green streak in our kitchen counter tops.  Hoping to have it done for Christmas, but not counting on it.  Bruce has to clean his garage first, and it's been too cold for him to work out there.  

November 30 - Had a CT scan of my lungs.  Tell you more when I know more.

No comments: