Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Closer and Closer

Flooring Down
Flooring Varathaned
Trip to Huntington Beach
Finished 1st Sample Quilt Top
Miss Molly is growing and growing

Our long awaited flooring came in this week.  This box had no crushed pieces, which is good because Bruce used all but one piece of the two boxes.  In the past we just over ordered and took back any full boxes, but on this special order from Home Depot we couldn't return a box.  Close calculation and no mis-cuts made it work out.
 
Today Bruce put on two coats of varathane to seal the cork.  I like this better than what we used up north.  It is straight cork, no pattern.  Tomorrow will be finish plumbing and getting the vanity set in.  Still have grouting to do in the tub/shower walls and a good scrubbing of the doors and tub.  We have all the fixtures and the light and towel bars ready to go up.   Bruce also got the baseboards painted so they are also ready to go in.  Last purchase will be the toilet.  But we know what we want and they have plenty in stock.  It will be SO good to finally have 2 working bathrooms again.
 
Need to get things moving along because our first guest arrives on the 15th of March.  My BFF Selma is flying down for a long weekend visit.  Can't wait!  Hoping maybe we'll get the water softener and filter in too.
 
Miss Molly has been over a few times and we've done over there to baby sit. Poor little sweetie is having a horrible time with teething and growing pains. Wish those nasty ol' teeth would just come in!
Newport Beach
One day we took a 2 hour drive down to Huntington Beach.  Went by the house we moved into after I graduated from high school.  Looked old!  Also went to Newport Beach.  I wanted to go buy the dental office where I used to work.  But it was torn down and new condos were in it's place.  Makes sense, we had a great view of Catalina Island.  Bruce and I walked the pier in NB and had lunch at the Crab Shack.   Don't think I need to go back down there again.  Without my parents there, no reason to go.
 
And while Bruce has been doing all the work what have I been up too?  Finally finished the top of our first quilt pattern.  Today I actually got it loaded on my machine.  Haven't had a quilt on for 8 months!   My desk is a mess with quilting designs.  Trying to come up with something has been very hard.  I'm used to having clients have an idea of what they want.  I'm anxious to get working on piecing the next one.   Need to get my instructions over to my favorite graphic designer to get the pattern laid out.
 
Bruce told me that every time I sat down on the new toilet to remember that I was sitting on Charlie Brown's head!   Flooring is nice though, isn't it?




 

No comments: