Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Monday, October 8, 2012

Not Much Happening Right Now

Ceiling lights in spare bedrooms
Base boards at Alissa & Nicks
Lots of Molly Time
Birthday Month starts
Order Blinds for Sewing Room

Now that the sewing room and dining rooms are painted and base boards up, there's not much we can get started on.  Because we got a permit to put in the replacement windows, we need to have the house look "put together" for the building inspector.   What that means is we haven't wanted to start on any major projects.  Hoping to hear from the window guy by tomorrow.
 
Bruce helped Nick get their base boards in while Alissa did painting and I watched Molly.  I don't know how I lucked out with the best job, but I'm not arguing!
 
Friday the 5th was my birthday.  On the 4th Alissa took me to brunch at Mimi's Cafe (if you've never had their Brioche French Toast, you NEED to try it) and then to a movie.  We saw Client Eastwood in "Trouble with the Curve".  A baseball movie, so I loved it.  On Friday we went to the Harvest Festival and out to dinner.  Miss Molly was all dressed up in her poka dot dress.  A perfect day.

Today is Alissa's birthday.  They had a nice family day.  This evening we went over for present time and to babysit while the kids went out to dinner.  We're so lucky to get to spend so much time with Molly.

Tomorrow is packing day for me.  Wednesday I leave for my annual trip to Santa Clara for the Pacific Int'l Quilt Festival (PIQF).  I have studied every inch of the trip on Google Maps.  Have never driven up 101 all the way.  At least I'm familiar with the trip from SLO on up north.

Hoping the next time I write it will be about the windows being in!  And the blinds I've ordered for the sewing room.  Trying an unknown brand (Chicology) from Home Depot. 

No comments: