August 4
Thought I'd better write as the month goes by. There's going to be so much going on down at 382. Yesterday I got rice paper put in the small diamond window panes of the door. Hung the cafe curtains I made in the bedrooms.
Bruce is down there now. Got the paneling off the wall over the fireplace. Wall paper off the kitchen walls. He said it just kind of fell off with a tug. There was fabric on the walls in the master bedroom he took down yesterday.
The spindles in the the entry way came down today too. At 374 we shortened the wall a bit and made it solid. Here we took out the spindles and just left the hole. Don't know what we'll do at 382. It's a 3 bedroom and the living room is smaller than here or at 374.
August 20
Well not as much happening as I thought there would be. Bruce did get all the ceilings scrapped and all the debris bagged up. Put a hole in the fence between the two houses. Our side garage doors face each other. I took a picture of the hole. Think he's decided to put an actual gate in it so he doesn't have to duck under the rails. The second picture shows just how much of a slope there is to our walkway. The bottom rail of the gate is level.
One of the things we want to do is raise the retaining wall on the 382 side of the fence. Then we can jackhammer out our walkway and get it level. I get dizzy enough without the help of the walkway!
Though not much has been going on down at 382 doesn't mean Bruce hasn't been busy. He's still scrapping and priming the eaves. It's a long hard process.
Besides that he's been helping Nick with their front retaining walls, getting plumbing hooked up for sprinklers and moving a lot of dirt! Dumpster arrives today, so tomorrow is moving out all the stone work "patio" that is in their front courtyard. Side note: 3 or 4 other firemen showed up to help with moving all the stone work.
Made an appointment to take my longarm machine to Rancho Cucamonga on the 17th of September to have it repaired. It's a 2 hour drive and that's the first time I think Bruce will have time. I'm tempted to just do it myself. I had kinda of hoped I could talk him into taking it down the Friday before Julie and Kevin got here and then we'd spend the night in Burbank and be there to pick them up at the airport. Save a lot of driving time. Think his schedule is too overwhelming at this point.

I took him away for four days to drive up to Lincoln to visit my friend Mona. We took a day and drove up to see Selma's new house. She has a beautiful location. Just what I always wanted...to live in a forest. She doesn't have the babbling brook though. :) Of course we picked the hottest week to go. 107 every day except the day we left.
August 23

Got the two front garage lights cleaned, sanded and painted. I love spray paint! It will be a while before they get put back up, but at least they're ready. Can't believe how bad they had gotten in such a short time. They do get the direct afternoon sun. The one under the porch isn't weathered at all.
August 25
Bruce worked over at the kids house this morning digging dirt out for their new paver courtyard. Cooler in the morning thought they're front gets morning sun.
He told me this morning that he doubts he'll get the house painted before October or November. Silly me thought it would be done before fore Julie and Kevin got here in 2 weeks. Still a lot of patching and priming of the fascia boards to do. I was so hoping to at least get our front door stripped, painted and the new stain glass window in. But taking it down and boarding up the front is a very low priority for him right now.
We still haven't come up with a plan for the other house. At least the new neighbors are quiet. :) The termite guy comes out tomorrow. They need to "inspect" before they set a date for tenting it. Seems a waste of time since B has found all the spots already.
September 1
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. Bruce is out "laboring". He's got the front stucco painted. The wood parts of the front are going to be a darker blue. The last paint job is chipping, so there is a lot a prep work to do before we can paint that paint. (Don't you just love how I say "we"?). Well, I am hoping to be able to helps with some of that. Bruce won't let me climb ladders anymore because of my hip and that I have dizzy spells all the time. But I can at least work on the lower stuff.
Speaking of my hip. I'm waiting on an approval to see an orthopedic surgeon. Have a wonderful physical therapy guy that gives me better information than either of my doctors have. There was a "dark" spot they saw on the MRI that they both just shrugged off as an unknown. Paul, my PT guy says it may be a cyst or bone spur. He recommended a surgeon that does arthoscopic surgery. Wish I had pushed to see a surgeon last January. My two doctors (general and RA) both have just said it's bursitis and there's nothing you can do but manage the pain. Thing is I can't manage the pain anymore. Can't walk from the car to a store. Can't walk anywhere. Even walking around the house to do normal cleaning is painful. The hip joint "clicks" every time it gets rotated; indicating there's something there.
Enough whining.
It's September and Julie and Kevin will be here on the 7th. Always look forward to their visit. They didn't think they'd make it this year, but found a week they could come. YEA!
August 20
Well not as much happening as I thought there would be. Bruce did get all the ceilings scrapped and all the debris bagged up. Put a hole in the fence between the two houses. Our side garage doors face each other. I took a picture of the hole. Think he's decided to put an actual gate in it so he doesn't have to duck under the rails. The second picture shows just how much of a slope there is to our walkway. The bottom rail of the gate is level.
One of the things we want to do is raise the retaining wall on the 382 side of the fence. Then we can jackhammer out our walkway and get it level. I get dizzy enough without the help of the walkway!
Besides that he's been helping Nick with their front retaining walls, getting plumbing hooked up for sprinklers and moving a lot of dirt! Dumpster arrives today, so tomorrow is moving out all the stone work "patio" that is in their front courtyard. Side note: 3 or 4 other firemen showed up to help with moving all the stone work.
Made an appointment to take my longarm machine to Rancho Cucamonga on the 17th of September to have it repaired. It's a 2 hour drive and that's the first time I think Bruce will have time. I'm tempted to just do it myself. I had kinda of hoped I could talk him into taking it down the Friday before Julie and Kevin got here and then we'd spend the night in Burbank and be there to pick them up at the airport. Save a lot of driving time. Think his schedule is too overwhelming at this point.
I took him away for four days to drive up to Lincoln to visit my friend Mona. We took a day and drove up to see Selma's new house. She has a beautiful location. Just what I always wanted...to live in a forest. She doesn't have the babbling brook though. :) Of course we picked the hottest week to go. 107 every day except the day we left.
August 23
August 25
Bruce worked over at the kids house this morning digging dirt out for their new paver courtyard. Cooler in the morning thought they're front gets morning sun.
He told me this morning that he doubts he'll get the house painted before October or November. Silly me thought it would be done before fore Julie and Kevin got here in 2 weeks. Still a lot of patching and priming of the fascia boards to do. I was so hoping to at least get our front door stripped, painted and the new stain glass window in. But taking it down and boarding up the front is a very low priority for him right now.
We still haven't come up with a plan for the other house. At least the new neighbors are quiet. :) The termite guy comes out tomorrow. They need to "inspect" before they set a date for tenting it. Seems a waste of time since B has found all the spots already.
September 1
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. Bruce is out "laboring". He's got the front stucco painted. The wood parts of the front are going to be a darker blue. The last paint job is chipping, so there is a lot a prep work to do before we can paint that paint. (Don't you just love how I say "we"?). Well, I am hoping to be able to helps with some of that. Bruce won't let me climb ladders anymore because of my hip and that I have dizzy spells all the time. But I can at least work on the lower stuff.
Speaking of my hip. I'm waiting on an approval to see an orthopedic surgeon. Have a wonderful physical therapy guy that gives me better information than either of my doctors have. There was a "dark" spot they saw on the MRI that they both just shrugged off as an unknown. Paul, my PT guy says it may be a cyst or bone spur. He recommended a surgeon that does arthoscopic surgery. Wish I had pushed to see a surgeon last January. My two doctors (general and RA) both have just said it's bursitis and there's nothing you can do but manage the pain. Thing is I can't manage the pain anymore. Can't walk from the car to a store. Can't walk anywhere. Even walking around the house to do normal cleaning is painful. The hip joint "clicks" every time it gets rotated; indicating there's something there.
Enough whining.
It's September and Julie and Kevin will be here on the 7th. Always look forward to their visit. They didn't think they'd make it this year, but found a week they could come. YEA!
No comments:
Post a Comment