The main thing that is new here is that it's COLD! We had frost on our patio furniture this morning (2/21). It's been cold all month. The ice age is coming!
How cold is it? Bruce hasn't been able to work on the mantle all month. He needs to sand off all the paint from last month. He bought some paint additive to help the paint flow better for a smoother finish. But he can't work or paint while it's this cold in the garage.
His project now is designing a stain glass window for our front door. It will be so nice to get rid of that old looking yellow glass and criss-cross pattern. When we first moved in I had started to scrape the paint off, but he had me stop; we'll use stripper when we finally take the door down.
It seems the Celebrix I've been taking for my RA is working. My feet are back to their normal size. Just in time for this cold weather. I can wear tennis shoes again! Though I miss my sandals. Hands are back to normal too for the most part; fingers are still a bit swollen, but not bad. Achy from the cold though. Just bought a pair of compression gloves without fingers tips. Hoping they will allow me to hand sew for longer periods of time.
Two days after writing the above, Bruce came down with the flu. 102 fever with a cough. That was Saturday, by Tuesday his fever was gone but still had/has the cough. That's when I came down with it. I had to see the doctor because I don't have an immune system anymore that can fight this stuff off. Here it is 7 days later (March 4) and my fever is gone but I'm still coughing and light headed.
It was the first day Bruce felt he could babysit Connor so Alissa could go to her class. He calls me shortly after he goes over... he twisted his back. He went to pick up Connor and something happened. So I went over and he came home. He's sitting with a heating pad right now.
We're both so tired of being in the house; today was the day we were going to go out for lunch. Drat. Poor guy.
4/3 Well it took me until March 27th to get over my cough. Even with the Tamiflu and cough meds. Think spring is here. The winds are still cold but we've had some 70- 80 degree days.
Bruce took off all the slats of the little fence around the patio. The paint that was suppose to last 10 years only lasted 5. Took over a week to get them all sanded and the rails too. They're all repainted and back up. While the ground was still soft he dug up the dirt and one of these days we'll get some plants in.
Right now he's working on making shelves for our TV room. We still have so many things boxed up that need to be put out. Not going to spoil how he's making them until they're finished.
I finally got out a quilt top from 2005. Got borders on it and backing made. Just finished loading it on my machine. Spent the past week staring at it trying to figure out how to quilt if. It's a traditional pattern yet I wanted to do something modern. Unfortunately, my quilting skills have slipped away. Loaded a practice piece on a few days ago. So glad I did. Got to quilt more to get back up to speed.
Two days after writing the above, Bruce came down with the flu. 102 fever with a cough. That was Saturday, by Tuesday his fever was gone but still had/has the cough. That's when I came down with it. I had to see the doctor because I don't have an immune system anymore that can fight this stuff off. Here it is 7 days later (March 4) and my fever is gone but I'm still coughing and light headed.
It was the first day Bruce felt he could babysit Connor so Alissa could go to her class. He calls me shortly after he goes over... he twisted his back. He went to pick up Connor and something happened. So I went over and he came home. He's sitting with a heating pad right now.
We're both so tired of being in the house; today was the day we were going to go out for lunch. Drat. Poor guy.
4/3 Well it took me until March 27th to get over my cough. Even with the Tamiflu and cough meds. Think spring is here. The winds are still cold but we've had some 70- 80 degree days.
| New trees like the warmer weather |
Right now he's working on making shelves for our TV room. We still have so many things boxed up that need to be put out. Not going to spoil how he's making them until they're finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment