Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Saturday, September 1, 2018

August 2018

Here it is September 1st and I haven't written anything for August.  Usually I write as the month goes on.  

Unfortunately, it was filled with way too much medical stuff.  I'm not having a good year at all!  69 is going out with a bang!  

On to better things.



Bruce got the retaining wall in between the neighbors on the up side and our house.  It had been railroad ties and they were crumbling.  Dotty plants tomatoes along her side of the house and we've been afraid she'll step back and the railroad ties will give and she'll fall.  She's in her 80s.  Turns out the property line was way inside the original wall, so Bruce had to cut the "hill" back quite a ways.  The wall is still on our property, but closer to the line then it was.  Turned out really nice.  We're still debating whether to put a cap on it or not.


This is where I wrote a whole paragraph about our new car.  Then realized we did that in July month.  Think my mind is going.

Also this month, I got my wedding rings back.  They look so beautiful and shiny.  Just like new but better.  From the top they look just like they did before but from the back it's one solid piece.  The rings had been soldered together so it's not that much different.  And the hinge works great.  I had to take them off for my colonoscopy and it was so easy!  I have a little pen that I use to press a dimple on the side and whala!  they just open up.  You can see from the picture that my fingers are still swollen from the RA.  It's nice that I'll be able to remove the rings whenever I need to.

Molly started 1st grade.  She's lost both her front teeth.  Connor is growing into such a cute little toddler.  Life is good!


No comments: