As of June 20th, our tenants moved out. One guy lost his job and the couple (the previous owner's son) broke up. And because they were living there when we bought it, we didn't look at it as closely as we should have. Thought they'd live there forever.
We have dubbed it "The Barn" because the roof over the garage is shaped like a barn. Decided we shouldn't keep calling it "Dave's house" since he doesn't live there any more.
Bruce has spent a lot of time down there the last few weeks. The popcorn ceilings have several layers of paint of them. He thought he could knock it down to just look like texture. But no go. Today the 4th bedroom is totally devoid of popcorn and carpet.
The floor plan is the same as ours with a few differences in the master bathroom and kitchen.
I've been going to physical therapy for my left hip for the past 4 weeks. And just started anti-inflammatory drugs last week. Which FINALLY relieved the pain. After just an hour on the ladder today helping with the 4th bedroom, the pain was back. Bruce observed that I come down the ladder with my left leg. Think my therapist isn't going to be happy with me tomorrow.
We still have the living room, family room and dining room ceilings to scrap.
Both bathrooms need to be totally redone and the kitchen too. I spent this morning pricing out Ikea kitchens.
To sell or rent is the big question. We paid a lot more for this house than ours. I was hoping we'd have years of rent saved up to do the needed upgrades. 7 months isn't gonna cut it.
It kills me to think I'm going to be redoing 2 bathrooms before mine gets done. I'm trying to think of it as "practise".
There will be no pictures. As my dearly departed brother-in-law would have said: "Pictures are evidence".
No comments:
Post a Comment