Wednesday,February 10th
Had to make several trips to several different hardware stores. For some reason it's hard to find the right configuration needed. Bruce is getting frustrated and I don't blame him.
Thursday, February 11th
I had a nice break (not that I need one) to go to my Thursday morning applique group.
| behind sink |
| garage sink with softener drainpipe |
Friday, February 12th
Had to make 2 trips to Home Depot for sink connectors for the garage wash tub sink. The ones that came with the sick were only 6" long; pretty useless. But Bruce got the right ones finally and got the sink hooked up. Yea, no more washing paint brushes, etc in the kitchen sink!
Had a nice dinner at the kids house. BBQ'd hamburgers and mac and cheese. My kind of meal! Did you know that was our wedding night dinner? Yea, some little hamburger joint on the road going up to Tahoe. Makes me smile just remember what fun we had.
Saturday, February 13th
Took the girls to breakfast.
I got to enjoy the day with the girls. We went shopping for goodies. Made cut out cookies in the shape of hearts, stars and flowers. Got them all decorated for gifts. Such fun.
Sunday, February 14th Happy Valentine's Day!
Bruce took the day off.....well from working on the kitchen. He programmed all day.
Took the girls to Sharky's Mexican food for lunch. One of Molly's favorites. That and Red Robin. I think they are only her favorites cause it's where we take her the most.
Monday, February 15th
Finished insulating the walls. You know Bruce does a lot more than I end up writing about. There are so many little things that have to be tweaked or done that I don't see or forget to write down. Light the lights falling out of the ceiling because of the hammering. They are pushed all the way in because we need to take them out to paint. I think he finally took all but the two center ones out completely and went back to using work lights.
Have you noticed how clean the site is? Bruce vacuums and cleans up every day. He can't stand messes. My sewing room drives him crazy. :)
Tuesday, February 16th
The end wall got built. We designed it so that the entry wall is cut back (and built out at the bottom) at the top where the end of the eating counter is located.
Wednesday, February 17th
Bruce got the grass cut. Suppose to rain tomorrow.
I babysat over at Molly's in the afternoon. Nick is at a "Ropes" class all this week.
The garage wall got sheet rocked. Bruce is only putting in enough screws to hold it in place; he'll go back later and add more screws. It's a very tiring process. (More so when you're 66)
Thursday, February 18th
Meanwhile, Bruce got the peninsula and entry walls and part of the exterior wall sheet rocked. When I got home he handed me the multi-tool to cut out the notches for the brackets on the dining room side of the peninsula wall. You can do a lot of damage with that thing!
Friday, February 19th
| That little black triangle is the drainpipe |
Bruce also got the rest of the sheet rock screws in. Took him till 5pm to finish up.
Wish this program would let me draw arrows to the pictures. :) If you have forgotten or you can go back to December 2015 to see the rendering of what this all is suppose to look like when it's finished.
Wish this program would let me draw arrows to the pictures. :) If you have forgotten or you can go back to December 2015 to see the rendering of what this all is suppose to look like when it's finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment