August 20, 2014
Drove up to Orinda stopping in San Ramon first for lunch. Unpacked and went grocery shopping.
Bruce took me to Danville to meet up with my friend Selma for dinner before the DVQ quilt meeting. While I was doing that he went over to the Walnut Creek house. That night he told me that the house was not in bad shape. There was a large patched hole in the master bedroom wall that he'll have to redo. The living room drapes are pulled out of the traverse rod. And of course the yard is a disaster, but we knew that.
I have to ask all those of you that read the blog NOT to mention anything particular about what I write to Bruce directly. Yes, he knows about the blog, even wants me to write it, but hates when people talk to him about it. Specially the personal stuff, like his back being hurt. He's a rather private person, and that kind of stuff really bothers him.
Don't know if I can write again what I posted in Facebook when I was asked what was wrong with the Walnut Creek house, so I copied it here.
There's holes and dents in many walls. The wood floors are scraped up and have spots of what looks like black tar. There are holes knocked into 2 of the wood doors. A lousy patch job of a hole in the M/Bedroom. Nail polish on spots on bathroom floors and walls, and carpet. The new carpet in the 3rd bedroom has a spot on it that is about the size of a large dog. The hall carpet has black spots. The glass cook top has a 10" crack in it from the back to the side with large chips out of it. The back patio steps (both sets) are blacken with I don't know what. More nail polish on the wood floors. And the new drapes ( you know know we have walls of drapes up here) that took me forever to make and were only 3 years old have been sorely abused. Pulled off there runners, the rivets that hold them on the traverse rod are broken, one plastic part that pulls the drape across the patio door is broken in half and won't pull the drapes. so they pulled it by hand which has worn the fabric. One of the pulleys was broken on the floor. And I won't get into the yard. Of course the manager didn't see any of this and declared "normal wear and tear". Everything can be fixed except for the broken drape part....and they don't make them anymore. I know because I wanted to use the same time in Ventura and talked with Kirsch. We were hoping to have the house sold in a few months, but I think it will take longer to fix up than that. Guess I'm tired of working so hard fixing up houses for other people. This is our 4th time around and then Dad's will be the 5th. There's still so much to do on our own house that has to be done.
This is day 3 of our trip. I'm going to work on shortening all the blinds we bought yesterday at Home Depot. Oh yea, the blinds in what was my sewing room, are mangled. We're replacing those two windows and the ones in Alissa's old bedroom. Bruce will do more in the yard. He spent most of the day just raking around the perimitor 1/2 acre). Trimmed the over grown grapes and honeysuckle from the front neighbors fence that is falling down. We're thinking about building a fence on both sides of our long driveway just to hide the wreck of yards of the two neighbors. Once you're down the narrow part and get to our 3rd neighbor's yard it looks nice (well her yard does not ours). We may put up a half fence between us the the neighbor on the back side, though talking with Mrs. Allen's son, she likes it open to our yard. The fifth neighbor on at the end of the property is pretty much blocked by the pine trees we planted years ago.
In the light (well it's actually still dark out) day, there's nothing that can't be fixed or bought new. The better the house is the more we can sell it for. I still haven't figured out what to do about the drapes. It took me 6 weeks to make them...it would cost thousands to replace them. Unless we put up Ikea drapes or something like that. But that would mean new hardware and it's hard to patch holes in the wood. I still can't figure out how she could of broken that part.
On the bright side, we had a nice visit with our neighbor Cheryl yesterday. Got a box full of delicious grapes off the neighbors vine. Left a lot of them, plus the leaves laying in the back for the deer. We could always tell how tall the deer where by how high the vines where nibbled! Got to see old Gimpy, the deer with one missing hoof. I was amazed he was still around. And a few other little ones. They always make me smile. I don't want to think about new people blocking their access through the yards. We also got to see our daughter's friend Robin. Always makes me happy to see one of "our" girls.
It's almost 6am and I hear Bruce waking up. I'll get this posted and write more in a few days.
Don't know if I can write again what I posted in Facebook when I was asked what was wrong with the Walnut Creek house, so I copied it here.
There's holes and dents in many walls. The wood floors are scraped up and have spots of what looks like black tar. There are holes knocked into 2 of the wood doors. A lousy patch job of a hole in the M/Bedroom. Nail polish on spots on bathroom floors and walls, and carpet. The new carpet in the 3rd bedroom has a spot on it that is about the size of a large dog. The hall carpet has black spots. The glass cook top has a 10" crack in it from the back to the side with large chips out of it. The back patio steps (both sets) are blacken with I don't know what. More nail polish on the wood floors. And the new drapes ( you know know we have walls of drapes up here) that took me forever to make and were only 3 years old have been sorely abused. Pulled off there runners, the rivets that hold them on the traverse rod are broken, one plastic part that pulls the drape across the patio door is broken in half and won't pull the drapes. so they pulled it by hand which has worn the fabric. One of the pulleys was broken on the floor. And I won't get into the yard. Of course the manager didn't see any of this and declared "normal wear and tear". Everything can be fixed except for the broken drape part....and they don't make them anymore. I know because I wanted to use the same time in Ventura and talked with Kirsch. We were hoping to have the house sold in a few months, but I think it will take longer to fix up than that. Guess I'm tired of working so hard fixing up houses for other people. This is our 4th time around and then Dad's will be the 5th. There's still so much to do on our own house that has to be done.
This is day 3 of our trip. I'm going to work on shortening all the blinds we bought yesterday at Home Depot. Oh yea, the blinds in what was my sewing room, are mangled. We're replacing those two windows and the ones in Alissa's old bedroom. Bruce will do more in the yard. He spent most of the day just raking around the perimitor 1/2 acre). Trimmed the over grown grapes and honeysuckle from the front neighbors fence that is falling down. We're thinking about building a fence on both sides of our long driveway just to hide the wreck of yards of the two neighbors. Once you're down the narrow part and get to our 3rd neighbor's yard it looks nice (well her yard does not ours). We may put up a half fence between us the the neighbor on the back side, though talking with Mrs. Allen's son, she likes it open to our yard. The fifth neighbor on at the end of the property is pretty much blocked by the pine trees we planted years ago.
In the light (well it's actually still dark out) day, there's nothing that can't be fixed or bought new. The better the house is the more we can sell it for. I still haven't figured out what to do about the drapes. It took me 6 weeks to make them...it would cost thousands to replace them. Unless we put up Ikea drapes or something like that. But that would mean new hardware and it's hard to patch holes in the wood. I still can't figure out how she could of broken that part.
On the bright side, we had a nice visit with our neighbor Cheryl yesterday. Got a box full of delicious grapes off the neighbors vine. Left a lot of them, plus the leaves laying in the back for the deer. We could always tell how tall the deer where by how high the vines where nibbled! Got to see old Gimpy, the deer with one missing hoof. I was amazed he was still around. And a few other little ones. They always make me smile. I don't want to think about new people blocking their access through the yards. We also got to see our daughter's friend Robin. Always makes me happy to see one of "our" girls.
It's almost 6am and I hear Bruce waking up. I'll get this posted and write more in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment