Definitions


Definitions:

Kids: Alissa, our daughter; Nick, our son-in-law Baby: Molly Kathleen, our granddaughter *after 2/8/17 Connor Daniel, our grandson Kaya: The Kids' Rhodesian Ridgeback
Up North: Our home in Walnut Creek, CA Down South: Our new home in Ventura, CA

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's it all about?

Bruce and I always dreamed of building our own home.  So 34 years ago we did just that.   We are just finishing the house.....in time to move away and start over again.  This time we've bought a house built in 1965.   Why you ask?  We are now the very proud and happy grandparents of Miss Molly Kathleen.  Need I say more?   Our new home is just 4 minutes away from her and her parents, Alissa, our precious daughter and her husband Nick.
And so we are starting over.  This is a real fixer upper.   Lots to do to make it ours.   Rather than sending dozens of emails to everyone, I'll try to keep posting and adding pictures to let you know our progress.
June 11th  we picked up our keys.  This is the start of a whole new adventure in our lives.  Bruce has never lived outside a 20 mile radius (except for a summer with his brother in Oregon).   I lived down in Huntington Beach for 3 years right out of high school.  Didn't like it then.  But things change.  We're trading in pine trees for palm trees.

I'll tell you one thing...right now in Walnut Creek the temps are in the 90 and here near the ocean it's in the 70s.  I think I'm really going to like this!

No comments: