Best laid plans...... that covers a lot. The last time I wrote it was the end of June. Little did I know that in 11 days we would have a set back in our plans to have the house finished and on the market by end of summer.
As much as I'd love to go into detail, I'm not at liberty to do so. I'm married to a very private man and have to honor that. But as of today, we're back on track, albeit a bit slower. Still aren't quite up to full strength but getting there.
Since I last wrote we did got the backyard cement jack-hammered. Thanks to Nick for helping Bruce on the second day. I did a pretty good job of prying cement blocks out of Bruce's way, but I don't have the strength to move the jack-hammer from spot to spot. Did manage to drop the 16 pound pry bar across the top of my right foot. Nothing broken thanks goodness but lovely colors showed up the following days!
Of course we had really hot weather the first days of July, while Bruce was moving concrete into the dumpsters. He had one filled and the second one a bit more than half filled when things came to a halt. Nick and Alissa came over and I babysat while they finished filling the second dumpster. That was taken away. We still have a 3rd one to fill, but it's still on hold for the time being.
Last week we starting to lay the flooring. Well Bruce does most the work, I just layout the planks and do the running to get stuff so he doesn't have to get up and down. We're finished except for the family room. Didn't think things through very well. We've been moving the refrigerator around and it's ended up in the family room. Trouble is it doesn't fit through the door to the garage. And since the patio is still rubble, can't go out that way. Need to take it out the front door. Hoping we don't mark up the flooring in the process.
Bruce was working on getting the front threshold reworked now that the flooring is down, today. I took the day off to play with the girls and Conner ... well go shopping with them.
Can't believe tomorrow our little Molly starts Kindergarten. She's very excited.
![]() |
| The Barn |
In case you're interested, here is a layout of the Barn. Basically the same layout out as our house but with minor difference in the kitchen and master bath. Plus we added a door from the 4th bedroom into the family room in our house.

1 comment:
I sure do enjoy reading about your home improvement projects! Your descriptions exhaust me. :-)
I do understand about not disclosing personal information and hope that your situation is improving.
hugs.
Post a Comment