Front Pots
The new 10-lite door is in. Still has the protective coating on the glass. Of course we don't have either the molding nor the painting done on it. But it's keeping the dust out of the living room. Really liking how it looks. Once Bruce is all through with the plastering and sanding, both new doors will come down for me to paint. Plus the new closet doors and all the molding.
Age has set in....well we've known it for awhile now. Had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of all the different paints we've been using. Not only on this house but the 2 up north. I have two samples I just painted on a piece of sheet rock to test for the TV room. Bruce and I never seem to agree on colors. Always let Alissa have the final say cause she has a much better eye for color than either of us put together.
Speaking of age, just had an insurance agent out last week and got all signed up for new health insurance. Scary leaving Kaiser after 42 years, but it's the right thing to do down here, where Kaiser isn't fully in our area. Made my last HUGE payment to them. Starting October, no more premium for me! How exciting is that! Biggest perk of getting old is Medicare! Can't wait till Bruce catches up. :) Though he's been feeling it going up and down the scaffolding doing all this plaster work. Poor boy is really tuckered out.
We did get our new TV. OMG! We've always had the smallest TV of all our friends, so this thing is a huge shock to us. It's a 58 incher. Which may be small to some, but seems huge to us. Have it set up in the living room for now. The LED is so clear, I feel I could walk right into the screen. It's hard to get used to these new fangled gadgets though. Really feeling my age when working on this stuff. There's apps and YouTube - though we can't watch YouTube cause it keeps uploading every 5 seconds. Anyway, it's much fancier than what we're used to having.
Alissa, Molly and I went out a few days ago and bought plants and flowers for our front porch area. Alissa had surprised me a few months ago with new, bright colorful pots. I have a knack of killing off most plants, so it's been hard for me to want to do anything. But now that they're all potted, it's looking pretty nice. And the big palm hides a lot of the outdoor plumbing.
Hoping to get out to Lay-Z Boy this afternoon to look for 2 new recliners for the TV room. Do you believe it, I'm actually going to give up my orange recliner after 36 years of hard use! They just don't make them like they used to! Bruce bought me that chair when I had Alissa. But, it's time for something new. First it was the orange sink in Walnut Creek and now the recliner. At least I have the orange hibiscus on the front porch! Don't know what it is about orange. Must be a through back to the 70s cause it's NOT my favorite color.
Below is a picture of Molly with a partial view of the second of our quilt patterns...in progress. At that point I still have 2 more borders to put on. I'm loving these quilts I've been making and it's killing me that I can't share them yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment